David N. Marple, ESQ
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
All Georgia State Trial Courts
(B.A., cum laude, 1993)
David N. Marple, ESQ
While divorce can turn a person’s world upside down, the steady and uncompromising advice of David Marple helps clients successfully navigate this stressful time of their lives. He excels in resolving complex custody issues, cases with special needs children, and the division of assets for high net worth individuals. David provides clients with sound, level-headed legal counsel based on what his experience suggests the outcome will be, even at the risk of giving his client advice that is contrary to what they want to hear. His goal is to achieve the best results possible for his clients, and he strives to initially resolve issues through negotiation instead of litigation.
As a former prosecutor and experienced litigator, David will pursue cases zealously in court if negotiation is unsuccessful. He understands that divorces often involve related issues such as estate planning, trusts, real estate, business valuations, financial guarantees, and indemnifications, and he has spent years building relationships with experts devoted to helping his clients.
Providing clients with a full array of services to help them resolve their family law matters - and begin living their lives anew - is a hallmark of David’s representation in family law. He previously served as an Assistant District Attorney in Cordele, Georgia; as an Assistant Solicitor General for Cobb County, Georgia; and as a Senior Assistant District Attorney in Fulton County, Georgia. Since 2000, David has solely practiced family law.
Certifications & Involvement
- Board Certified in Family Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Board Member of the Family Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association (Chair 2013-14; Chair 2012-2013; Vice Chair/Elect 2011-2012; Secretary 2010-2011; Treasurer 2009-2010; Member-at-Large 2005-2009)
- Family Law Committee Treasurer for the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Former Assistant Editor, State Bar of Georgia Family Law Newsletter
- Former Barrister of the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court
- Member of the Family Law Sections of both the State Bar of Georgia and the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Honors & Awards
- Selected by peers and Georgia Trend magazine to the list of ‘Legal Elite’
- Selected by peers and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as a ‘Super Lawyer’, including as a Top 100 Lawyer in the State of Georgia
- Selected by peers and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as a ‘Rising Star’
- AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney with Martindale Hubbell
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America for Family Law (2021, 2022 & 2023) and Family Law Mediation (2023)