There are a variety of reasons that someone may be held in contempt of a court order. The most common include:

Failure to pay child support

Failure to pay spousal support

Failure to correctly divide assets in property division

Failure to comply with custody requirements

Receiving a petition alleging contempt of a court order can be scary because it means needing to come before the court to face punishment for violating the terms of a court order.

When this happens, you can have increased peace of mind if you have a trusted legal team on your side. If you are facing a contempt of court charge in Atlanta, then let Marple Family Law help you.

Contempt Consequences

When someone is facing allegations of contempt of court, it is rarely known what kind punishment the court will deliver. This is partly due to the fact that the court has wide discretion and is given some creative allowances to determine the punishment, which can include incarceration.

Other factors include the severity of the contempt allegations, the number of violations, and other various factors that the court takes into consideration.

Can a Contempt Action be Defended?

Yes, it can! Depending on the situation or events around the claims, there are legal defenses that can be put in place. Having a strong legal team on your side, like Marple Family Law, is a key part of being properly prepared with a full defense.


How Does Marple Family Law Help With Contempt of Court Allegations?

Our team of experienced attorneys has helped many clients navigate through these charges, and we would love to help you as well. When initiating the contempt of court process, our goal is to assist you in making the other party comply with the court’s orders. When defending against allegations of contempt, our goal is to help remove the fear and stress from the contempt of court process, so that you can face the court with confidence with an experienced law firm supporting you through every step.

We would be happy to discuss your specific situation and how we can help you. Contact us today to get started.

Contempt of Court FAQs